Thursday, April 12, 2018

Busy body

Ashley, you like to go to bed, then open the door and creep out.  As soon as you hear daddy go up, you run into your bed and pretend to sleep.

More often than not, you've got some great excuses:
- Daddy, my [insert body part] hurts
- I need water
- I need to pee (you did it not 5 minutes ago)
- I need to poo (which is generally true)
- My diaper stings (allegedly, it's chafing her)

Once your body needs are met, you'll have backup excuses:
- I don't want [insert object type] in my bed or room
- I want [insert object type] in my bed

Sometimes, you want the opposite parent to tuck you in.  If it's daddy, then you want mommy.  If mommy, you want daddy.

It's quite tiresome.  There are times when you just know how to pull heartstrings - Daddy, I want to pray.... Thank you for [insert family member's names], thank you for Ashley, and hope mommy feels better soon. (Mommy's been sick for the last couple of days)

All in all, we love you, but we do wish you slept without making a fuss...

On a super positive note, you've held in your pee 6 nights in a row.  Downside?  You come into our room in the middle of the night to pee.

Can't win, but we wouldn't want you any other way.